The Bollinger Bands® indicator is an oscillating indicator, developed by John Bollinger. This indicator shows the range and rate of price volatility. The indicator consists of three bands:
- the middle band is the usual moving average
- the top band is the moving average + 2 standard deviations
- the lower band is the moving average - 2 standard deviations
A trader can choose the period of the moving average at his discretion, just like the number of standard deviations (standard values of 20 and 2, respectively).
The interpretation of Bollinger Bands is based on the fact that prices tend to remain between the upper and lower bands.
Features of the Bollinger Bands
- it identifies whether a price is high or low compared to its recent moving average and predicts when it might fall or rise back to that level
- as the price reaches the upper band, it is considered overbought and tends to fall back towards the moving average band
- as the price reaches the lower band, it is considered oversold and tends to rise back up towards the moving average band
- a big space between the upper and lower bands indicates price volatility is high, a small space indicates it is low
- the direction of the trend is very simple: the price chart is between the middle and upper bands - the trend is upward (bullish), the price is between the middle and lower bands - the trend is downward (bearish)
- after narrowing the band, sudden price changes should be expected; the longer the course is traded within the narrow limits of the price channel of the horizontal direction (flat), the stronger will be the way out of it
Bollinger Bands Simple Signals
- when price come out the lower band to bottom, it is signal to sell
- when price come into the lower band from bottom, it is signal to buy
- when price come out the upper band to top, it is signal to buy
- when price come into the upper band from top, it is signal to sell
Bollinger Bands Strong Signals
Walk on the band: when the price touches or crosses the border of the top Bollinger band, the price goes down quite a bit. Then it pushes with renewed force and continues its movement upward. This is called a walk on the band. Similarly for the price movement downward.
- when price walks on the upper band and falls close to the middle band, it is signal to sell
- when price walks on the lower band and grows to the middle band, it is signal to buy
"Double bottom" and "Double top"
The pattern "Double bottom" or abbreviated "W" indicates a buy signal to the following conditions:
- the price touches or pierces the lower lane
- then moves to the middle line and turns around
- a new "low" is formed, which is above the lower band and does not touch it
- the buy signal will be formed when the price crosses the middle Bollinger Band
The pattern "Double top" or abbreviated "M" indicates a sell signal to the following conditions:
- the price touches or pierces the top band
- then moves to the middle line and turns around
- a new "high" is formed, which is below the upper band and does not touch it
- the sell signal will be formed when the price crosses the middle Bollinger Band.
It should not be forgotten that the Bollinger bands are unable to accurately predict the future price movement. Other indicators, such as, for example, RSI or MACD, are additionally used to receive the confirmation signals.
During this ALL NEW LIVE webinar you’ll get answers to questions like:
“How to follow the SHARP and SMART Money to make $34,812 this summer? ”
“New Insider tools to see where big whales are moving their funds?”
“Automated sports betting picks – do they work?”
“What if I was Scammed before? Can I succeed in betting? Is it VERIFIED?”
“What if I lost money on betting before? Why would this WORK?”
“Do I need any special knowledge to succeed with this?”
“How will I generate 34,812 USD profit even if I have no experience on sports and what exactly to do?”
“LIVE Demonstration of the system in WORK (Undeniable proof)”
“Why this system is a guaranteed winner (PROOF!)”
“How to stop missing winning signals and which bookies are most profitable?”
“Best systems to follow this year and tracked results (Cant be faked!) ”
“Zcode CASH contest – how to win awesome prizes with no risk?”
…and any other question you might have.
all you need to know today about crypto
📆WEEKLY CRYPTO NEWS UPDATE: 06 JUN 2019
📌CRYPTO - EVENTS FOR TODAY
🕵️♂️ General Event (CRYPTO) Lisk (LSK) XRP (XRP) - Aeternity (AE) and 3 others
🕵️♂️ EOS (EOS) - UOS Airdrop Ends
🕵️♂️ General Event (CRYPTO) and 2 others - DLT Compass Singapore
🕵️♂️ Insolar (INS) - Bithumb Global Listing
🕵️♂️ OKB (OKB) - OKEx Talks 2019 Tallinn
🌍GLOBAL NEWS & INSIDER INFO🤫
🕵️♂️ Ripple Launches New Office in Zurich to Attract Institutional Buyers for XRP
🕵️♂️ Microsoft announces VeriSol: Ethereum smart contract verification
🕵️♂️ European Central Bank Considers Bitcoin, Ripple, ETH, & BCH the Most Important In Terms of Usage
🕵️♂️ Apple to Unveil ‘CryptoKit’ Cryptographic Developer Package at Upcoming Conference⚡️⚡️
🕵️♂️ Apple Embraces Bitcoin – Adds ฿ Symbol to Its Icon Set
🕵️♂️ Ripple-Backed Startup to Launch Banking App Based on XRP Ledger
🕵️♂️ Justin Sun just squandered another $4.6 million on lunch with Warren Buffett
🕵️♂️ Big Banks Announce Fiat-Pegged ‘XRP Killer’ Crypto For Settlements
🕵️♂️ Oracle of Bitcoin Calls BTC Movement Aggressive, Predicts $10K Price Soon
🕵️♂️ Craig Wright accuses Binance and Tether of funding prostitution and slavery
🕵️♂️ New Bitcoin Improvement Proposal Could Reduce Transaction Bandwidth By 75%
🕵️♂️ Binance Launches Margin Trading, CoinBase Says It Is Considering It
🕵️♂️ The Ripple Effect: XRP Payments Coming to Stores Via Banking Giant, SBI
🕵️♂️ Block.one Launches Social Media App as Facebook Preps Own Coin
🕵️♂️ Tether Stablecoin Now Available on EOS Blockchain
🕵️♂️ A Billionaire Wants to Buy 25 Percent of All Bitcoin Currently Available
🕵️♂️ Coinbase Makes Surprise EOS Listing
🕵️♂️ TRON Reveals New BitTorrent File System
🕵️♂️ Calvin Ayre on Bloomberg: Bitcoin SV will absorb all the other cryptos😮
🕵️♂️ Confirmed: Ripple-Backed Crypto Startup Building XRP-Based Banking App
🕵️♂️ Coinstar Expands to 2,200 Locations After ‘Overwhelming’ Bitcoin Demand
🏆 Looking for A+ winning signals by our master trader Alberto? Apply for the Elite club here http://cryptocoinrankings.com/elite
🤝 Share the insider news and help out your crypto friends navigate the markets!
This weekend is going to be really profitable!
Not one but TWO epic cash contests are LIVE
1. Zcodemeter - we have a new round, $200 for grabs, first to 15 wins takes the cash! 🏆🏆🏆
2. MLB KING Cash contest round 5 is LIVE
Everyone is in!
🏆 Signal VIA/BTC
📥 Entry limit: buy around 0.0000720
⛔️ StopLoss: 0.0000610
⭐️ Rating 3/5
⚡️ Profit goals: Short term: 0.0000860 Long-term: 0.0000890
- Immense update to Viacoin Core: Full Segwit Wallet
- Viacoin is now supported by Trust Wallet
💰 What is Viacoin (VIA)?
Viacoin (VIA) is a cryptocurrency. Users are able to generate VIA through the process of mining. Viacoin has a current supply of 23,144,686 VIA.